czwartek, 27 maja 2010

May Daring Bakers Challenge - Piece Montee


The May 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Cat of Little Miss Cupcake. Cat challenged everyone to make a piece montée, or croquembouche, based on recipes from Peter Kump’s Baking School in Manhattan and Nick Malgieri.



How lovely - they looks like little clouds

I made two versions - one was with strawberry mouse and second was filled with classic caramel and deeped with chocolate. With first one I tried to built more classic Piece Montee, decorated with pink flowers and spun sugar - very dangerous if you ask me, you could easly burn your fingers to death. Scary.
Spun sugar is really amazing if you're not afraid. You can made any shape you want and decorate your desserts.

Second is different - i tried to play with challenge and made more architecture shape. I filled the big one with caramel and deep in chocolate, I serve it with one piece in deconstruction.


Really, really enjoyed this one. Since I tried choux first time I was in love. Sweet, savory - it doesn't matter, i love them all. 

For all recipes please visit our this month host ^_^

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz